Participate In Open Studios
You are eligible to participate in Open Studios Napa Valley if:
- You are a current, 2017, paid member of Art Association Napa Valley
- You live and/or work within Napa County, or you partner with a participating artist
- You create all the artwork yourself as original works
- You have a minimum of 10 pieces of art available for sale each day of Open Studios 2017
- You have a valid municipal business license for your studio if required in your area
- You have a valid state resale license
- You have a working email address
- You have paid the required fees and expenses to Open Studios Napa Valley for 2017
- You are a juried artist who participated in at least one of the previous five years: 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 or 2016 OR are juried into Open Studios Napa Valley in 2017
- It is strongly recommended that all artists have business liability insurance for at least the Open Studio dates.
- Open Studios Napa Valley Entry Fee is $295 per artist to be paid at the time of completing the application.
- The new artist Jury Fee, if applicable, is $50 per artist to be paid at the time of completing the application.
- The Art Association Napa Valley annual dues are $43 and are to be paid directly to AANV.
Click here to pay your membership.
The event will be open for applications beginning February 1, 2017. As of that date, a link to the application will be added to the bottom of this page.
Applications will be accepted through March 24, 2017.
- March 24, 2017 for new artists applications
- March 24, 2017 for returning artists
ARTISTS JURYING GUIDELINES
- A Returning Artist is someone who participated Open Studios Napa Valley in at least one of the previous five years: 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 or 2016.
- A New Artist is defined as an artist that has never previously participated in Open Studios Napa Valley, or did not participate in Open Studios in any year from 2012 to 2016.
The non-refundable jurying fee is $50.00 per New Artist. This fee must be submitted with the application, payable to Open Studios Napa Valley. The description of your artistic process provided on the Artist Application will be provided to the jurors and may be used by them as they evaluate your work. There will be no critique of the work provided.
The jurors are all professionals that reside outside of the Napa Valley. They will be looking at the required (4) artwork images and a description of the artist's process. They will not be given artist names. In reviewing your body of work, they will be evaluating the following criteria:
- Does the body of work indicate a consistent technical proficiency with the medium
- Does the work demonstrate an understanding of the the principals of composition
- Does the body of work must reflect a coherent individual style and originality
- Does assembled work, from prefabricated materials, reflect a creative element that is more than the sum of the parts.
Please direct questions regarding:
- Jurying process or criteria
- Application process
The CallForEntry.org website will be used for 2017 Open Studios Napa Valley. Check back for a live link to our listing on that website.